Wednesday, November 01, 2006

when I grow up

I'm spending my time these days deciding what I want to be when I grow up. I thought I had already decided this when I started medical school but apparently inadequately since everyone keeps asking. From the obstetrician who corners me in the cafeteria asking "so you're going to do OB right? you're thinking OB eh?" as I stare fixedly at my chicken salad to the psychiatrists who drop hopeful hints in the path of all passing medical students it seems much on people's minds. Thus with great humility I have decided that I will become everything; a doctor with the skill and decisiveness of a surgeon, the breadth of knowledge of an internist, the interview skills of a psychiatrist and the bedside manner of a pediatrician. Or I might just settle for developing into something other than a cynic.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Whittemore said...

Joy of joys! Hannah has returned to blogging! A warm welcome back. You were sorely missed.

Sounds like everyone you work with loves you. It's not exactly the worst problem a med student can have. Just keep who you are intact and you will be happy and do amazing things in whatever you choose. Of course, you will be happier if you choose Family Medicine. (Please note the tongue firmly placed in my cheek.)

Keep us updated... via you blog of course.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home